Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
If you follow me over on FB, you've already heard the news. Sunday night, something got over the goat fence and killed Sissy and Belle. We are still pretty traumatized and terribly sad. Pippy's leg was chewed up pretty badly, and Addy had a scratch on her belly. But the vet checked them both out and they are doing fine now. Pippy is still pretty sad, but her leg is improving. And so far no miscarrying. (Sissy and Pippy were both the pregnant does, and Addy and Belle were the yearlings.)
We found paw prints in the blood and in some mud outside the fence, but no digging. Jeremy hunted the next night, but didn't see anything. We've got a trail cam up and we're locking the two girls up every night.
Death is hard, though.
Now on to the hop...Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. How to Make Your Own Maple Syrup from Souly Rested
2. Our Pantry Rotation Strategy and Food Storage Tips from Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth
3. How to Make Almond Milk, for Your Homemade Panty from Our Sunday Cafe
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don't meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Share by Pinning!