Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!Did you have a happy Valentine's day? Our tradition has evolved into a day of affirmation for the kids. We have a fancy meal, all of us together, with the table set with chargers and cloths, and usually decorated with heart confetti made by the kids. Jeremy fixes a beautiful meal, and I write out words of affirmation for each of the kids. They seriously love it. All four of them.
This year, Jeremy made crepes for our breakfast. We decided to add a gift to our cards and I made up some movie ticket stubs to let the kids know we're going to go to the theater to watch Beauty and the Beast when it comes out. They were so excited! (I am too!) Their words of affirmation included things like "You are sweet and adorable" "You are growing big" "You are kind" "You are brave." It's a sweet time.
And Jeremy also got me a little gift. Well, he tried anyway. He bought a pot of daisies, my favorite flowers, but left them outside the night before where they froze and died. So (bless him) I got a pot of dead daisies for Valentine's. I laughed. He said he thinks I like gifts like that better because I really do love to laugh at a good joke. He does keep me laughing.
Now on to the hop...Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. This Cookie May Be The Best Thing You've Ever Baked in Cast Iron from Souly Rested
2. Building a Pantry:Stretching the Shopping from Simply Living the Dream
3. How to Order Chicks From a Hatchery from Oak Hill Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don't meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Share by Pinning!