Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!Y'all are not going to believe this (unless you follow me on FB) but I had an appendectomy last week! It was crazy. I've never had a surgery or even been put to sleep. I woke up Tuesday morning with stomach pains that were horrible, but became manageable after a while. But then the pains would just not go away, so I went in to be checked. A doctor visit led to blood work and a CT scan, and then all of a sudden a surgeon was waiting on me in the OR. That same night!
The recovery has been similar to birth, although much more painful the first day. Of course, being a "crunchy" "natural" type of person that I try to be, when the nurse offered me two pain killer pills, I said I would just take one. 30 minutes later, I asked for the second. But I'm off all the meds now, and am slowly getting back to normal.
In the same week, my van's engine just broke. The whole engine, y'all. We said we would drive that van until it died, and now it has. It was quite the week. I'm hoping 2017 has gotten all of it's excitement and debt out of the way this month!
Now on to the hop...Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. 10 Ways to Shorten a Cold Naturally from Feathers in the Woods
2. January, Seed Ordering Time from The Locust Blossom
3. Keeping Chickens' Water From Freezing from Murano Chicken Farm
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don't meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Share by Pinning!